Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I had what could be one of the best Mother's Days ever this year. I was under the impression that we were completely unable to have anything this year. (My surgery really ate into our money and we will be paying for it for at least the next year. That's another story though.) Anyhow, so I was a little sad when the day started. That was until I took my shower.

Upon leaving the shower there was a little something on the counter to start my day. I put my glasses on to find a beautiful red rose in a heart shaped balloon from my husband and daughter. I would have been more than happy with that, but underneath that was a beautiful card from my husband and another from my daughter. My husbands card proceeded to make me cry. He told me how much he appreciated and loved me. I needed that. It was perfect. Anna made me out a cute card as well.

I then finished my morning routine and went to find my cell phone. When I unplugged it from the wall, I didn't even notice anything different. I was walking the hallway to the living room when I realized that I also received a new case for my phone. There was a black case with pink that I had been eyeing for a while. I would never have spent that kind of money on one for myself, but as a gift I was shocked. It was the icing on the cake.




I hope all the other Mom's had a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

No comments: