Sunday, November 14, 2010

Anna's 9th Birthday

Exactly one week ago today my little girl turned 9 year old. She was super excited about her birthday and her party. She just really wanted it. I can't say I blame her. It is the one day that is completely devoted to you. Anyhow, here are some pictures from her party.



Anna wanted to "make jewelry" for her birthday party, so we went and bought some beads and the threading stuff to make necklaces and bracelets. Someone should have warned me to cut them extra long so we had room to tie them. LOL! I had a very hard time tying them closed, and some of them never made it home, but for the most part the kids had a great time.







At one point in Anna's party we had someone come in who needed some help with money, so someone started an impromptu game of musical chairs to occupy the kids. (We had her party at the church, so it isn't an unusual request. We got him taken care of, then promptly locked the doors.)


Opening gifts is always fun. She got some neat stuff. She also got a lot of new clothes, which you don't see here. LOL!!




We also had one amazing cake! A co-worker of mine made it for Anna's birthday and I had no idea what to expect. She went way above the call and made this totally awesome cake that had everyone awe struck!




As you can tell we all had a good time and Anna absolutely loved it. I am so glad that so many of the friends and family came out to help her celebrate her big day. It wasn't this birthday I'm worried about, it'll be next years birthday when she turns 10 and hits the double digits. I may have to cry then. I would have to say that this years party was a huge success. Anna had a great time and that's all that counts.

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

We had a blast, as well!!! Thank you for a great time!!! :D