Thursday, April 15, 2010

Figuring it Out

I would like to say that we have another year or two of the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus, but my darling little girl is extremely smart. At Easter, she discovered the eggs still in the fridge in the morning not hidden. The eggs usually got hidden while she was in her morning bath. She didn't even make it that far this time. As soon as she woke up, she was checking everything out. Problem solved by telling her that the Easter Bunny was running late and needed to come back while we were at church.

Yesterday, she had 6 teeth pulled by the dentist, so the Tooth Fairy had to come overnight. We started a "letter" from the Tooth Fairy last time and fairy dust as her cousin had always gotten it and she didn't understand why she didn't. Anyhow, this morning she got up and said that the fairy dust looked just like our glitter in the house. I quickly solved that one by stating that she may have gotten the same kind or maybe she borrowed ours. Sheesh!!

Anyhow, with all the things she is guessing, I'm willing to bet that by Christmas she will have it ALL figured out. She is very bright and knows already that the Santa's at the mall are just helpers or other men dressed in Santa suits. I wish she would believe a little longer, but she is way too smart. My little girl is growing up. I don't know what else to say. It is kind of sad to me. I want her to be a little girl for a little longer, but she is growing up.

1 comment:

Sarah Boyette said...

We haven't gotten to the tooth fairy yet, but I've just ignored the Easter Bunny. I'm terrible at lying and my kids get too much stuff anyway, so we just kind of gloss over any Easter Bunny stuff. We do egghunts, but it takes less energy to tell the kids that Daddy is hiding them.