Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas is Done

I'm so thankful that Christmas is done. I love Christmas, but working retail at Christmas is starting to take its toll. I hate how commercialized it has become. I hate how people act when they wait too long to buy their gifts and what they wanted it now out of stock. It's all nuts. We did Christmas on a smaller scale this year. Anna did still get one larger expensive gift, but overall, Christmas was small and I rather enjoyed it. Smaller is better sometimes. We also didn't have to go crazy spending the money with others. I will likely continue to keep it small. Emphasizing the true meaning of Christmas, Jesus Birthday.

In the same token, I've about had it with my job...period. I don't want to be in charge of so much anymore. I want to go in and work and go home. I want to be able to spend more time with my daughter and concentrate on her schooling. I'm just not quite sure how to go about this and still bring home the money I need to make ends meet in our house. Something, somewhere has got to give. I'm just not sure what or where or how, but something.

As for school, I know we homeschool so we can do things at our own pace, but right now I feel so far behind. I feel like we aren't doing enough to actually call it schooling. We've basically had the entire month of December off, except for about 2-3 days. Things have just been so hectic. Not sure what to do there either, but it is related to work again, so I guess that has to give a bit. We also need a slight change of curriculum, but the one I want to try is costly. I'll have to pray about that one. I'm thinking the change will help us to complete more schooling though.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. So thankful that the holiday is over and that things are starting to get back to normal. But also extremely tired and stressed out over things. Anyhow. I do hope that all of you have a VERY good New Year. I doubt that I will be posting again before then, so there you have it. Take care.

No comments: