Friday, October 21, 2011

Things to think about...

If you don't like what I have to say, I don't really care...I have lots going through my brain and I have to figure out how to get all the info out without offending someone, so on my blog it goes.

A. I am trying to figure out what to do about our homeschool group. Anna likes being with other kids, but (and this is a huge but) the group we are currently in is overwhelmingly huge! I mean it has over 300 people there every week. I like a fair sized group, but would rather there be around 100 people at the most. It feels very impersonal to me now. So my thoughts on this are to start a weekly play type group of my own, which is very difficult for me to do considering my current workload of school and homeschool. My other thought is to join another group that already exists or maybe up my participation in another group I am in and see if we can't meet a little more often. Sigh, see, lots of info going through my head. Like I said, Anna likes being there, so I really am not sure where to go with this.

B. We are planning a very simple sweet party for Anna's tenth and I feel like we are letting her down, since we have done a few larger parties already. The thing is, with the house we just got there were some expenses with moving and we have not recovered from that yet. My goal is for her to get to play in the park with her friends and have cupcakes and juice, but that depends on the weather. I REALLY would love to have a simple party at the house, but I just don't know if I can handle everyone in our small house. (I love everyone, I really do, but that is a LOT of people in one small space.) Praying that the weather cooperates so we can do the park thing. LOL!!

C. Since we are on such a tight budget right now, we will not be able to spring for the gift for Anna that we were going to get her for Christmas, so now we must keep our eyes peeled for for something that she will like really well that is reasonably priced. We will see what happens there. Its not that we needed the bigger thing, but it would have been nice to get it. She doesn't need it though. It was more of a luxury than a necessity. We will have to see what becomes of that. We do need to focus on the true meaning of Christmas, so maybe this is a good year to learn that part really well.

D. I no longer have the luxury of an iPhone. My phone bit the dust and again with the budget thing, we can not replace it and of course we had no insurance on it, sooooo. I am using a regular old rinky phone. Maybe we can save some money on the data plan, since I won't be using anything. Who knows. I have grown accustomed to a smart phone and have used it every day since getting it, even on the day of my surgery, when I mostly slept. LOL! Who knows, but maybe it'll help me concentrate more on what is most important.

E. I think that's all for now. Its a lot for me to think on, but it'll be alright. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas for us/me. I might could use the advice right now. Thanks and please don't take offense to anything I said. I just had to express myself.

1 comment:

Sarah Boyette said...

Simple parties are often more satisfying because the kids aren't forced in a line of unwrap, thank, unwrap, thank, and never savor what they have.