Friday, September 11, 2009

Shucking Corn!!

On Wednesday, we had some corn in the fridge. I told Anna that I needed to shuck the corn and then we could eat it. LOL!!
She looked at me and said, "I wanna shuck corn."
To which I replied, "Do you even know what shucking is?"
Anna, being the smart cookie she is, says, "Yeah, it where you take off all the yucky stuff."

Anyhow, she did end up learning how to shuck corn and did pretty good at it. Too bad this won't last. She thinks its fun to help still. LOL!! I let her shuck all the corn she wanted though.


Initial Picture
(She didn't realize the hairs were slimy):



Much better
(I told her she didn't have to touch the hairs, just the greens):

First Corn almost all shucked:
Pot of corn getting ready to cook:

Eating the fruit of our labor:

1 comment:

We're Blessed said...

I love shucking corn...always have...always will!!! I think it is therapeutic in a way...my kids want to do it...and I have to fight them for it! LOL