Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy (cough) New (cough) Year (cough cough)

Happy New Year.  I brought the new year in with a bang.  I was sick for the entire Christmas Break with a head cold.  I went to the Doctor this past Monday with a fever and a cough and was diagnosed with Bronchitis again and prescribed antibiotics.  I ran fever through Wednesday and coughed and coughed and coughed!!  On Thursday night, I ended up with very labored breathing and by Friday early morning we were on our way yet again to the ER for some extra help.  I assumed I would get a few breathing treatments and some steroids and be on my way.  Boy was I wrong.  It turns out I had pneumonia and I was admitted for treatment.  They gave me IV antibiotics, two different kids and I received IV steroids for a day as well.  I was released today after nearly 4 days at the hospital.  Yeah, happy new year, huh?  Now I'm home, but I am not back to work until next week.  I was released for Monday.  We will see how it goes.  Praying for a complete healing and the ability to get through the rest of the school year without incident. 

No comments: